Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Timothy Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- The Bryan R. Shechmeister Death Penalty College, Aug 1 - Aug 06
- Central American Asylum Cases, Aug 4
- Limited Scope Representation 2015: Ethical & Practical Challenges (Free), Aug 4
- California Trial Advocacy 2015 - Scholarships are available!, Aug 5
- Figuring Out the Immigration Options: How to Screen at Workshops, Aug 6
- View more
- DREDF celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Jul 22
- HUD Announces Final Rule Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing, Jul 10
- Medical Interpreters in Short Supply as Affordable Care Act Expands Health Care Rolls, Apr 27
- Resources for Unaccompanied Children from Immigration Advocates Network, Mar 27
- The Quest for eQuality—Web Accessibility for People with Cognitive Disabilities, Dec 13
- View more