Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Patrick Fodell at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Everything You Need to Know About the Expanded DACA Program, Mar 10
- Pro Bono Training: Naturalization Law for Attorneys and Law Students, Mar 10
- California Eviction Defense 2.0: Beyond the Basics of Protecting Low-Income Tenants 2015, Mar 11
- FREE MCLE: Removal Defense Waivers and Prosecutorial Discretion, Mar 11
- Frequently Asked Questions About Medi-Cal Eligibility and Recovery, Mar 11
- View more
- DREDF and Co Filed Complaint against MIT for Online Access, Feb 23
- NAD and Vudu Reached Agreement on Closed Captioning, Feb 23
- The Quest for eQuality—Web Accessibility for People with Cognitive Disabilities, Dec 13
- National Council on Disability Addresses School-to-Prison-Pipeline, Dec 1
- Disability Rights California urges state to move developmental center residents into community, after notice to cease federal funding due to ongoing conditions at Sonoma Developmental Center, Jul 30
- View more