Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Patrick Fodell at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Free Webinar: The California Coordinated Care Initiative: What Advocates Need to Know – Basics, Sep 17
- LAAC Collaboration with Center for Gender & Refugee Studies: Removal Proceedings 101, Sep 17
- Tackling Advanced Issues in Family-Based Petition Cases, Sep 18
- Recent developments in Immigration Law & Policy Webinar, Sep 19
- SAVE THE DATE: General Assistance Summit, Sep 22
- View more
- California pushes to regulate assisted-living standards, Sep 3
- EEOC Issues Pregnancy Discrimination Guidance (including ADA Amendments Act analysis), Aug 6
- Disability Rights California urges state to move developmental center residents into community, after notice to cease federal funding due to ongoing conditions at Sonoma Developmental Center, Jul 30
- Disability Advocates Submit Comments re Proposed California Courts Technology Plan, Jun 25
- DREDF Comments on Proposed DOJ ADAAA Regulations, Apr 14
- View more