Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Patrick Fodell at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- FREE MCLE: Confidentiality Law and HIV+ Clients, Oct 23 - Oct 24
- College of Advocacy, Oct 24 - Oct 31
- The Categorical Approach – Ninth Circuit, Oct 30
- LAAC Armchair Trainings: Post Traveling Training Webinar Series: Supporting Relative Caregivers, Nov 6
- Naturalization and Citizenship, Nov 6 - Nov 07
- View more
- National Federation of the Blind Reaches Agreement with U.S. Department of Education, Oct 8
- Report recommends more law enforcement training needed to respond to individuals having mental health crises, Oct 7
- Keker & Van Nest Grants $60k to Protect Unaccompanied Minors from Deportation, Oct 6
- Poverty and Career Opportunities for Young Adults: The Census Poverty Report Dials Up the Urgency—And Congress Provides New Opportunities, Oct 1
- EEOC Issues Pregnancy Discrimination Guidance (including ADA Amendments Act analysis), Aug 6
- View more