Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Patrick Fodell at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Undocumented and Uninsured, Nov 24
- Litigating Complicated Asylum Claims and Related Relief, Nov 25
- Unaccompanied Immigrant Children - Effective Representation 2014 (Free), Nov 25
- Representing Unaccompanied Children in California – Best Practices & Key Avenues for Relief from Deportation: Special Immigrant Juvenile Status and Asylum, Dec 3 - Dec 04
- Representing Unaccompanied Children in California – Best Practices & Key Avenues for Relief from Deportation: Special Immigrant Juvenile Status and Asylum (FREE), Dec 3 - Dec 04
- View more
- Federal Agency Announces Major Initiative To Provide Effective Communication In Healthcare Programs , Nov 18
- Disrupting the Law: How Technology Can Help Bridge the Justice Gap, Nov 4
- Trouble-shooting on November 4: Disability Rights California operates hotline for voters with disabilities, Oct 31
- EEOC Issues Pregnancy Discrimination Guidance (including ADA Amendments Act analysis), Aug 6
- Disability Rights California urges state to move developmental center residents into community, after notice to cease federal funding due to ongoing conditions at Sonoma Developmental Center, Jul 30
- View more