Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Timothy Ng at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Proposed Medicaid Managed Care Rules: Possible Impact on Seniors and People with Disabilities, Jul 7
- An Introduction to E-Discovery: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know, Jul 8
- Being Smart With Social Media (Webinar), Jul 8
- Innovating Through Technology: Ideas from Inside and Outside the Legal Aid Sector (July 9, 2015), Jul 9
- Summer Mortgage Conference 2015: Foreclosure Echo: Addressing the Ongoing Consequences of the Foreclosure Crisis, Jul 9 - Jul 10
- View more
- Blind IHSS Recipients needed to Test new Way to Approve Timesheets, Jun 25
- Lack of Oversight of Restraint and Seclusion in Special Education, Jun 25
- DREDF Comments on Proposed Rule Concerning Medicaid, Jun 25
- Medical Interpreters in Short Supply as Affordable Care Act Expands Health Care Rolls, Apr 27
- Resources for Unaccompanied Children from Immigration Advocates Network, Mar 27
- View more