Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Patrick Fodell at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Webinar: Debt and Democracy: How the Collection of Civil Fees and Fines Contributed to the Unrest in Ferguson, Jan 29
- Expanding Your Practice Using Limited Scope Representation 2015, Jan 30
- Expanding Your Practice Using Limited Scope Representation 2015 (FREE), Jan 30
- California Family Law Basics: Pro Bono Representation in Low-Income Family Law Cases 2015 (FREE), Feb 3 - Feb 04
- LAAC Armchair Trainings: Post Family Law/Self-Help Conference: Limited Scope Representation in Family Law proceedings, Feb 5
- View more
- California departments agree to transform employment services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Jan 27
- Just Announced: President Obama’s Child Care Proposal, Jan 23
- New Website on Unaccompanied Minors, Jan 21
- The Quest for eQuality—Web Accessibility for People with Cognitive Disabilities, Dec 13
- National Council on Disability Addresses School-to-Prison-Pipeline, Dec 1
- View more