Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Timothy Ng at email@example.com to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Exclusive LAAC Membership Benefit:
All new discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge. Ethnic Bridge provides on-demand, over-the-phone, live interpreters for all your language interpretation needs. There are nearly 170 languages available, with interpreters at hand 24 hours a day. The currently negotiated LAAC rate with Ethnic Bridge is $1.50/minute, a significant discount compared to similar companies that charge almost $4/minute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll our webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for videos: vimeo.com/laac/videos and here for a link to materials from each session: www.calegaladvocates.org/library/folder.105169-Training_Materials
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit www.CASupportCenters.org.
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Fleeing For Safety: Representing Domestic Violence Victims in International Child Abduction Cases Under the Hague Convention, May 27
- U Visas Teleconference, May 27
- U.S. Department of Justice and Fraud Schemes Targeting Older Americans, May 27
- Advanced Adjustment of Status Versus Consular Processing, May 28
- JD's in Debt: What Law Students & Lawyers Need to Know about Managing Student Loans & Earning Public Service Loan Forgiveness (Free), May 28
- View more
- Free Webinar Series The California Coordinated Care Initiative: What Advocates Need to Know - Basics, May 13
- Medical Interpreters in Short Supply as Affordable Care Act Expands Health Care Rolls, Apr 27
- Resources for Unaccompanied Children from Immigration Advocates Network, Mar 27
- The Quest for eQuality—Web Accessibility for People with Cognitive Disabilities, Dec 13
- National Council on Disability Addresses School-to-Prison-Pipeline, Dec 1
- View more