Intro to Legal Services: Free Webinars for Deferred Associates and New Attorneys
Monday, October 05
- By: Legal Aid Association of California, Public Interest Clearinghouse
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- CLE Credit
Online, CAMap: maps.google.com
Vivian Chen415-834-0100 x312
Intro to Legal Services: Trainings For Deferred Associates and New Attorneys
The Public Interest Clearinghouse (PIC) and the Legal Aid Association of California (LAAC) are pleased to announce a FREE training series for deferred associates in public interest placements. The course is designed as a 9-part series of webinars to introduce deferred associates to legal services work (including the structure of the community in CA and the history of legal services), some issue-spotting on core poverty law issues (housing, immigration, public benefits, etc) and an introduction to skills (client interviewing, cultural competency, etc.)
How Does it Work?
This webinar series consists of 1-hour FREE, live, interactive programs that you listen to and view online. The trainings will take place over lunch using conference call and web-based meetings - no travel, no cost - just great training. There is a question and answer period following the substantive lecture during the last 5-10 minutes of each program. Registrants receive emails before each training with the link and easy-to-follow instructions on how to join the online meeting. LAAC and PIC staff will assist with logging into the online meeting as needed.
2009 Intro to Legal Services Trainings for Deferred Associates
All trainings are held Mondays from noon to 1:00pm
To register for each training, please click on each highlighted link.
- October 5: Navigating the Legal Services Landscape in California
- October 12: From JFK to Obama: A History of Legal Services
- October 19: Cultural Competency 101
- October 26: Client Interviewing and Using LawHelpCA.org to Find Client Resources
- November 2: Everyday Ethics in Legal Aid **
- November 9: Intro to Immigration in Legal Services
- November 16: Housing Issue-Spotting in Legal Services
- November 23: Health Care for Low-Income People: It's Enough to Make You Sick!
- December 7: Public Benefits 101
Each webinar is approved for one hour of MCLE general credit.
The Legal Aid Association of California is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
** This webinar is available for one hour of MCLE Legal Ethics credit.