Welcome to CALegalAdvocates.org!
There are resources here to help you if you are a volunteer attorney, legal aid advocate, public defender, law student, or law school faculty. You can request membership by clicking Join this Area on the left.
Want to hear what exciting work we're doing on your behalf?If you do not already receive our monthly "LAAC in Action" e-newsletter, email Timothy Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list. Please note that you must work at a LAAC member program or be an individual supporter of LAAC to receive our e-newsletter.
Is your organization a LAAC member or interested in becoming a member?
LAAC membership includes discounts on telephone language interpretation through Ethnic Bridge, legal databases Westlaw and Lexis Advance, and other software such as Essential Forms and Pika. Read more about LAAC Membership Benefits!
MCLE Accredited TrainingsAll of LAAC's webinars are archived online for self-study MCLE when available. Check here for more info: laaconline.org/train/filter/.
Looking for a list of California's Support Centers?Have a question for a Support Center and aren't sure which one is the right one? Visit CASupportCenters.org.
Looking for pro bono opportunities?
Go to CAProBono.org to find a volunteer legal service placement for you!
Like what we've been doing lately?
Donate online through Network for Good by clicking here.
If you prefer to donate by check, please send checks to:
Legal Aid Association of California
350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612
- Latest Developments in Attorneys’ Fees, including a discussion of the forthcoming ruling in Lafitte v. Robert Half International, Aug 31
- Understanding the New Medi-Cal Recovery Laws, Sep 6
- Ethical Issues in California Pro Bono Representation 2016, Sep 7
- SIJS Hot Topics, Sep 13
- Bankruptcy Basics for Low-Income Clients 2016, Sep 15
- View more
- Is Your Law Firm's Website Accessible?, Aug 15
- U.S. Department of Justice Issues Final ADAAA Regulations, Aug 15
- California provides $5 million increase to legal aid, Jul 1
- National Council on Disability (NCD) releases three reports on federal health care reform and people with disabilities, Feb 12
- White House Releases Final Report for 2015 Conference on Aging, Jan 6
- View more